I finally received this knife and would like to do a short review on it.
The knife came in a plain white thin cardboard box.
Out of the box the knife is sharp and has no bladeplay at all.
The centering is a little bit off, but it's not touching the liner.
No fit and finish issues (other than the centering).
- Great action. The blade rides on ball bearings and is very smooth (falls shut into the handle).
- Good ergos. It is smaller than the genuine model (the Sebenza 21), but has similar ergos for my middle sized hand.
- Loved the blue accents on the thumbstud and the lanyard tube.
- Also liked the satin finish on the blade, the rounded spine (with the thick tip) and the fact that one of the liners is skeletonized to reduce weight.
- The blade steel is Sandvik 12C27, which is a nice change from the MoV steels, keeps good edge and is comparable to Ganzo's 440C.
Cons (and suggestions for improvement):
- As I've mentioned before - the centering. Couldn't tweak it to center without messing up the lockup. Not a big issue, but it's always nicer when the blade is perfectly centered.
- The G10 feels dry and is very grippy. I think I would have preferred a smoother finish on that.
(EDIT: the G10 pattern on the black version is different and is a bit smoother (more similar to the G10 pattern on Ganzo knives)).
- The pocket clip is a polished stainless imitation of the Sebenza clip. Works good, but could have been better with a different style one (like a deep carry foldover).
Great budget all-around, nothing fancy, worker's blade, one that will fill most tasks needed from an EDC knife and one that you won't baby (because of the price and the construction). Good liner-lock alternative to Ganzo knives and a way to try the Sebenza's ergos and blade in action.
I hope that after making a name for themselves with this one, Sanrenmu Land will continue to cheer us with the same quality of construction, but other, more interesting and original designs.
The knife could be found here: Sanrenmu Land 910 Plus
More Sanrenmu knives with fast US Shipping: Sanrenmu Knives
The Genuine Chris Reeve Sebenza 21 here: Chris Reeve Sebenza 21